Additional festival events
- A camel race, the traditional sport of Sahrawi nomads.
- A cultural festival, with traditional Sahrawi food, music and dancing.
- Traditional Sahrawi fair. Directed at Sahrawi youth as a means of transmitting traditional cultural and customs, Sahrawi homes will show traditional clothing, food and cultural expressions.
- Children's activities and movie screenings, with the participation of the children's group Festiclown.
- A twilight concert in the sand dunes with Sahrawi artists and musicians.
- An international soccer match between Sahrawis and visitors.
- Roundtables on a number of issues with the participation of visitors from the film world, Sahrawi political representatives, the Sahrawi Minister of Culture and the residents of the refugee camps.
- An awards ceremony in which Sahrawis vote for best movie. The winner is awarded a white camel, the most prized possession for any Sahrawi.
- A concert, featuring Sahrawi singer Aziza Brahim and Spanish flamenco artists Canijo and Tomasito.